Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Adrift

It has been awhile since I have updated. Good news is that I'm working again. I am back doing bookkeeping again. I forgot how much I enjoy working with numbers rather than people. Numbers don't force you to put up with their issues and insecurities. I have also got a pretty awesome boss. He understands how to treat employees, keep them motivated, and reward them for going above and beyond. He'll put gift cards and such in our checks every few weeks, and I have seen him give extra rewards to guys who handle emergency service calls on their days off.

It's interesting working for Joe. Most places I've worked, they could not do proper bookkeeping if their lives depended on it, and they never had any idea what I was doing for them. This is the first time where the owner knows exactly what I'm doing for him and understands exactly how I'm improving things. Joe did not hire me because he could not do the work, he just didn't have enough time in the day to keep doing everything. It feels good to be respected again.

Unfortunately, I feel adrift personally. I have no idea what to do with myself when I am not at work. I have so many projects that I would like to complete, but it seems like every time I sit down to work on one, I lose focus. I can't even seem to enjoy playing video games now. I'll play for a few minutes and quickly grow bored. I have no idea what is wrong with me. It is as if I can not be satisfied with any one thing because there are so many things to do but not enough time to do them all.

No comments: