Monday, June 22, 2009

Revenge of the Fallen

Here's my review for Revenge of the Fallen. It was a lot of awesome packed in with some what the heck. I think the biggest weakness of this film is that they tried to do too much. A lot of the movie doesn't flow well or even make sense a few times, because they didn't have enough time to build everything up.

It isn't entirely clear whether RC is all three motorcycles or just one. They do not combine.

The bots with the most camera time can only be described as hillbilly ghetto-bots. They provide tons of comic relief, but I wouldn't pick them on my team.

There are several instances where some characters just disappear.

In the opening sequence, the Autobot Sideswipe looks way too similar to the Decepticon they are chasing. I spent a few moments wondering why RC was shooting Sideswipe.

Soundwave, Ravage, Waspinator, Starscream, Megatron, Devastator and about fifteen Decepticons who are never named. Lots of combat. Really awesome. On the downside, many of the unnamed Decepticons look enough like Megatron, that it looks like he gets killed several times.

Jetfire and Wheelie aren't what you'd expect.

Overall, a decent film as long as you can get past the choppiness at the beginning.

I'll see if I can get a more in depth review up tomorrow.

No comments: